Hooty Alayan DDS, FLVI, MAGD
Master of the Academy of General Dentistry
Fellow of the Las Vegas Institute
General & Cosmetic Dentist, Private Practice
Life and Philosophy
Originally from Vancouver, WA, Dr. Hooty Alayan has been in private practice at Great Oaks Dentistry in Round Rock, Texas, since 2004.
He believes in providing excellent care to his patients and making them feel like part of the family.
He also understands the universal desire for a beautiful smile, and has focused his post-doctorate training, in part, on cosmetic dentistry. Beyond that, he has sought to better his education and his understanding of neuromuscular dentistry, to ensure that his patients receive the best care for TMD/TMJ.
Dr. Hooty is a staple of the community, as both a family man and in his cosmetic dentistry practice. He and his wife are an active part of the Round Rock community, having coached youth soccer, sponsored local school events, and volunteered at the local elementary school. Dr. Hooty is a member of both the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and the Academy of General Dentistry.
When he is not busy providing exceptional dental care to his patients, he enjoys spending time with his wife, three sons, and daughter. They love going on family fishing trips and attending weekend soccer games.
Commitment to Excellence in Family & Cosmetic Dentistry
Dr. Hooty and his highly trained staff use state-of-the-art dental procedures and techniques to ensure the highest quality dental care for their patients. All equipment is safe and sterile, in keeping with Great Oaks Dentistry’s high standards.
They care about the comfort and well-being of their patients above all else. Addressing your concerns is their highest priority when performing any procedure, whether routine, restorative, or cosmetic.
Dr. Hooty has a passion for making people smile, and he strives to be the best choice in cosmetic dentistry for Round Rock, Texas.
To achieve these goals, Dr. Hooty keeps his knowledge and expertise growing by continuing his education in family and cosmetic dentistry practices. Since he graduated with his DDS from the University of Washington School of Dentistry in 2000 (a top-three dental school in the country at the time), he has gone on to complete more than 1050 post-doctoral hours including at the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies, which included programs in:
- Advanced Functional Aesthetics – 2005
- Occlusion for the Progressive Practice – 2005
- Mastering Neuromuscular Occlusion – 2006
- Full Mouth Reconstruction – 2006
- Neuromuscular Coronoplasty and Case Finishing – 2007
- Comprehensive Aesthetic Reconstruction – 2005
- Fellowship Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD)
- Cerec Basic and Advanced Training – 2004
- Preceptorship in Implantology – 2006 (mini-residency)
- Master of the Academy of General Dentistry – 2017 (MAGD)
Honors & Awards
Dr. Hooty’s commitment to mastering his craft and providing the best family and cosmetic dentistry options to his patients have led to several awards on his behalf. These include:
- National Honors Society for Academic Excellence
- Dean’s List Recognition, University of Washington, 1994-1996
- Granted fellowship status at Academy of General Dentistry, 2008
- Fellow, Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies
- Master of the Academy of General Dentistry, an honor achieved by fewer than 1% of dentists, 2017
- State of Texas Dental License
- Conscious Sedation License