Did you know you can combat dry mouth? Dry mouth can be a warning sign something is wrong with your oral health. As a result, bad breath or bacteria can grow in your mouth. To avoid dry mouth, your dentist, Dr. Hooty Alayan with Great Oaks Dentistry in Round Rock, Texas, has provided you with these tips on how to combat it!
Here are some tips to help you conquer dry mouth:
– Did you know that dry mouth is a known risk factor for several medications? It’s true because it’s often produced as a side effect.
– To help lower your risk of dry mouth, always make sure you analyze lifestyle choices and your diet. Several products you may be consuming on a day-to-day basis could be making your mouth less susceptible to producing saliva.
– Saliva production is crucial because it helps keep your mouth clean. It does so by eliminating acids and debris in your mouth.
– Dry mouth can increase your risk for a sore throat and cavities.
– Problems and difficulties eating and chewing food can arise due to the presence of dry mouth.
– Dry mouth has often been shown to cause oral health issues including an increased risk of gum disease and dental erosion.
If you still have questions about dry mouth, or if you would like a dental checkup, please call us today at 512.255.3800 to make an appointment. Our dental team is happy to help you conquer your dry mouth problems and any other oral health questions or problems that you may have.